1-27-07

These past three days have been great. I have felt so much peace I think Philippians 4:7* has come to fruition in my life. Sort of makes me wonder; if we all pray for one person with such conviction as I know people have been praying for me, how much more joy would we see in our families and communities?

I'm reading this really great book right now; 'Blue Like Jazz' by Donald Miller. I love reading a great book, and this one will probably go down as one of the "greats" in my opinion. Donald tells his story of his walk with Christ and doesn't make it sound all pretty and cheese-ball like so many Christian authors do. He is real about his struggles with God and church and Christianity itself. I feel like he's taken everything I've felt or feel about my faith and put it into words for me. He also sounds extremely like my brother Darren in the way he writes and his thoughts on many issues, it's almost as if I'm reading something Darren has written, and I like that.

I replanted my potted plants out front and I'm so thankful for those new beautiful flowers and for the time Ben and I spent doing that together. He had so much fun helping me; it was another one of those moments I wish I had on candid camera so I could watch it over and over again. He is such a joy.
The three of us ran a few errands yesterday which allowed us to see Jason, Carrie and the boys. Carrie is so generous with her baby stuff and is loaning me tons of things that would cost us a lot of money if we had to buy them. I am so thankful for her generosity and for her sweet attitude about wanting to give me things. She's not stingy, that's for sure.
My parent's came over last night and brought me dinner and played with Ben. That's always a highlight. I have it so good with them living pretty darn close. Close enough to come over spur of the moment, but far enough to require a phone call first, that's what we always say. :)
Today was another relaxing day. Just a little outing and then hanging out with Mark before he went off to work.
The baby is happy and cozy and so am I. Feeling good never felt so good.


*"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil.4:7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments