1/31/07

I love my mom. She's funny and sensitive and patient and caring and prayerful. I love that she knows when to say something and when to hold her tongue, well most of the time. :) She came over yesterday to hang out and we just talked and talked and I learned so much about her side of the family. How gentle my grandmother was. How my mom can swear she never heard my grandma say a negative word about anybody in her life. If it wasn't positive or absolutely necessary for the conversation then she wouldn't say anything. I learned more about how I'm just like my Grandpa; how he's never met a stranger and he liked every person no matter what they looked like or what they believed. We laughed a lot and teared up at times. It was such a great night, a great time of togetherness. I'm so thankful for my mom. So, so thankful.

Here it is, the day before my due date. I'm actually starting to think there might be something going on in the universe because several women have told me about several women they know who were either due last week or this week and still haven't had their babies yet. In fact, a long time friend of mine was due on the 26th and she's being induced today. So maybe we're all waiting for the full moon on the second. Or maybe Jesus is coming back tonight and he figures, why have them go through all that pain? And if that's the case then, thank you Jesus. And if not, then, well, what's another day or two? Or three? I have an appointment tomorrow and I'll sort of check out my options. I'm one of those who think if I'm healthy and the baby is healthy, why play at god and induce right away? (Although I can see now why a lot of women opt for that whereas before I thought it was ludicrous). Mark and I talked about it and if all is well and normal then I'll go another week, taking it one day at a time, and see how everything is next week. I'm really in a good place. Other than a slight waddle, I can't really complain. I haven't gained a gargantuan amount of weight and I haven't swollen anywhere except my belly. I have help at the drop of a dime. So really, I'm good. I would like to note that if the baby is able to somehow hear my thoughts as I type, this in no way means I'd LIKE to be pregnant for another week, let alone another day, so don't be getting any funny ideas, baby.

So here's to another day!

Oh, and I'm thankful for the rain. I love it.

Comments

Mamma Sarah said…
Hi there! Was surfing the blogs and ran across yours. Good luck with the baby. Lots of babies are born on the full moon and yours just may be one that's waiting til then. Good luck! I'll check back to see what happens. :-)
Anonymous said…
Congrats Sarah!!! Carrie told me the great news! And that is my most favorite name too - LOVE IT! Hope you are doing well, can't wait to see photos of the newest member of the fam. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments