1/15/07

I have been thankful these past couple of days for the time we've spent with good ol' friends whom we haven't seen in a while - the Graham family! Silly me thought I'd make an "easy dinner" in the crock pot, what a crock! (hee hee) It took an hour to prepare it just to be put into the pot and another 5 hours to cook. It turned out alright, but next time I'll just stick to a Fitz favorite and have Mark do some steaks on the barbie, it's always a pleaser and it doesn't get much easier than that. Lesson learned. The Grahams have two very fun kids who are growing up right before my very eyes. Chance, the kinder gardener, has this deep big boy voice now that he surely didn't have when I met him 4 years ago. And Ashlynn is such a grown up third grader who carries on a lovely conversation and can still play hard with the best of them. Sweet family, I'm very thankful for them.

Lisa also stopped by to bring the moses basket for our new baby to sleep in. Her baby had borrowed it and wasn't so much interested in sleeping in it, so now it's back and we're more ready than ever for this little one. I'm feeling pretty darn good, except for the few moments throughout the day where I feel like life's been sucked out of me and all I can do is sit and catch my breath. Seems a little late in the game for cravings but today all I've wanted to eat, and therefore have eaten, are Fuji apples and things that contain chocolate, ie. chocolate chip pancakes (courtesy of The Pancake House and my dad), chocolate chip cookies and chocolate covered raisins. (FYI, the BEST choc. covered raisins ever made are brought to you by none other than The Girl Scouts. Find a dealer and stock up, those babies are awesome.) I'm racking my brain trying to think of something that contains protein in it that sounds good to eat, especially because ya just never know when labor might kick in and I'd hate to see what long a day full of empty calories and sugar highs produces energy-wise. All this to say I think I'll make myself some eggs and cheese with a side of steak and peanut butter to counteract all the sugar my body is desperately trying to filter at the moment.

It was "bring your wife and kid to work" day in the real estate world so Ben and I tagged along as Mark showed a client (who happens to be a long time friend of mine) a condo conveniently within minutes of a favorite breakfast spot. Who else should have the day off but Papa Dan! After a very nutritious breakfast, see above, we attempted to walk it off by sauntering over to the park by their house. It was another brisk and beautiful day here, and Ben loved feeding the ducks and playing on the playground. My dad noted that we've been coming to that park for 24 years. How's that for history? Ahh, many a good time has been had at Tri-City Park. The day would've been over the top cool if we would've squeezed in a trip to visit my mom at work, but alas, one must take a nap, and Ben needed to take a nap too. What a lovely, lovely day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments