Ceiling Fans and Heaters

There is a slight battle going on in our house between hot and cold. Yesterday, for example, it was 80 degrees outside, our windows were open and all of the fans were on.

"Ha HA!" thought the ceiling fans, "I am the master of southern California and I will prevail."

"No, no" the heater growled back as it hummed to life at 6am, "perhaps you rule the afternoons, but I reign over the late nights and early mornings."

Lately it has been a tough call as to which climate control device is the most beloved in our house. I, personally, am partial to the heater. It's always been a lovely sound that simply adds an element of "cozy" to my life when it's running. But at 2pm yesterday afternoon the word cozy was the last adjective I wanted to describe our house. Enough with the battle already. I'm ready for a steady stream of coldness, it is winter after all.

(I'm thinking of revamping my blog a bit. While the list was nice I've been a tad into the creative writing side having a blank screen in front of me provokes. So, for a while at least, I think I'll include my gratitude in paragraph form. Offering a bit more room for stories and thoughts and the like. Thus said...)

Yesterday was such a beautiful day, as I mentioned above, in the 80's and just perfect. Tina, Howie and Nonny come down for the day and we spent most of the our time outside sitting around a fire pit chatting, watching Ben eat his favorite "chickenonthebone" and relaxing to the smell of lit cigars and hamburgers cooking. Felt a lot like the summer time. I'm off to a grand start with my resolution to take more pictures of Howie and Nonny. I'll post some soon. I'm so thankful for those people, and the less mentioned - but never forgotten - Paul who works hard so Tina can come and play with us. We appreciate him.

After a night of constant -but faulty- contractions I've been a bit on the slow side today. Thankfully Ben was so gracious with me, despite his four shots and prodding from his 2 year check up, he was a sweetheart all day - especially after the bowl of ice cream from Cold Stone we shared to perk us both up. It was one of those moments I wish I had on film. Just me and him, sitting at a little table for two, taking turns holding the waffle bowl filled with sweetness. We talked and laughed, he even held the door open for me when we left. What a treat for me to be able to treat him to something like that. I am so thankful for those moments with him.

A sweet grace named Lauren appeared on my doorstep around 1 and after feeding her she offered to help clean out and organize the last of my closet-organization movement I've been heading up these last few weeks. Our conversation before we began was the exact one I had with my mom before we cleaned out the other closet.

My mom/Lauren: let's get a trash bag."

Me: "I really don't think there's that much to throw away, it just need organizing".

Two or three HUGE trash bags and one trip to Goodwill later it feels so good to know where everything is. Don't look now, I just might turn into a someone who enjoys a good old organizing session now and then. But don't tell anyone.

I am so very thankful, and so truly blessed.

Comments

Amy said…
You went to COLD STONE CREAMERY!!! How envious I am! You know what, I love their dark chocolate ice cream! It's wonderful! :) Have a bowl for me the next time! :)
Dan said…
really well written, Sarah. Great content, too! I love you!
dad

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments