5/29/06

Mark and I did something we haven't done in, oh, 17 months... we spent the entire day together! We were invited to go with our friends to San Diego for music festival all day Sunday. My mom watched Ben in the morning and our friend Barbara watched him from 1:30 - 11:00pm! It's the longest I've gone without being with Ben, so there were a couple of times I found myself missing him. From lunch at a Mexican cantina, lounging at Starbucks, seeing X-Men, listening to a powerful speaker at the festival and seeing Mercy Me perform live, it was probably one of the best days in recent memory. Lolly and Josh are a fantastic couple and we really got along great with them. (It was the first time the husbands spent any time together, so you know how that can go.) Our sweet friends Nick and Lisa live down there and met up with us for lunch. We all laughed so hard my stomach and cheeks hurt!

At the festival the father of Rachel Scott spoke. She's the girl who died professing her faith during the Columbine tragedy. What an incredible testimony that man shares! Because of Rachel's faith countless number of people have come to claim Christ as their savior. It's really hard to describe the profound effect she's had on this nation. If you ever hear of Darrel Scott speaking in your area you must be there.

Mercy Me is a really great band! It was a blast seeing them up close and personal. (They are the group that wrote "I Can Only Imagine"). Not to sound super Christian cliche or anything, but it truly was awesome worshiping with 5,000 people. A minute comparison to what it might be like in Heaven, but still so powerful of a picture to hear 5,000 voices praising God, raising hands and singing one song. It was very moving.

So, needless to say, we had a wonderful day. Ben did alright, I reckon, but boy did I get it from him this morning when I went in to get him out of his crib. He was laughing and talking before I walked in there, but as soon as he saw me he went into a 10 minute rage, not letting me hold him or anything! Nothing a little Veggie Tales couldn't cure though. :)

Today I am thankful for...

1. Mark making the Sunday available to spend the whole day with me. It was fabulous and it filled overflowed my loved tank.
2. Josh and Lolly, for inviting us to go with them and making our day even more special with their company.
3. Nick and Lisa being so flexible and meeting us for lunch and coffee. The 6 of us got along as if we'd all known each other for years, and that's rare.
4. My mom watching Ben in the morning and being there for awhile after Barbara got there so he wouldn't freak out.
5. Barbara giving up 9 1/2 hours of her normal life to take care of Ben. She's a sweetheart to take his 'tude, and to still be smiling when we came home an hour later than expected. (We called first, don't worry.)
6. Rachel Scott's testimony to the world of her faith. It's powerful. And as the best friend of the two attackers said in an interview "Rachel was what a Christian is intended to be." I wonder if that would be said about me?
7. My dad coming down for breakfast this morning and the dun time we had at the park afterwards.
8. the two "big kids" (11 or 12 year olds) at the park and their dad who let Ben take over their soccer game and played really well with him. Although we brought a small soccer ball, Ben insisted on playing with the big ball, with the big kids. And he's not too shabby, let me tell you. (It's in his blood.)
9. a relaxing afternoon at Kresge's house eating good food and talking with nice people from Mark's night job.
10. Ben's funny demeanor which is just like Mark. Their personalities are so much alike it makes me laugh.
10.

Comments

Marie said…
Craig's brother is working on the Rachel Scott story (as a movie)..and I read the book...it is awesome!!! I recommend it - she is inspirational and such a great model of Christ's heart...
Amy said…
Sarah, I agree with you, it is awesome being right in the middle of so many people worshiping our Lord! I went to a Christian concert back in April, and it is breathtaking! Glad you could experience it!
Amy

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments