2/04/06

Today I am thankful for...

1. my parents watching Ben so I could go to a baby shower breakfast for my friend Kelly.
2. getting to spend two hours with a bunch of ladies with no kids around. I love kids, don't get me wrong, but it was really nice to be able to start and finish a conversation without having to break eye contact every 3 seconds to make sure Ben hadn't cracked his head open or swallowed a snail. (Carrie, I know you hear my on this one!)
3. the blessings pregnancy brings. I love seeing my beautifully ripe friend glow with excitement. I have a lot of pregnant friends right now and I am reminded of what a miracle that takes place in the womb. It will be fun to be pregnant again, but I'm good watching them go through it all, I have a half marathon to run first!
4. being able to make friends easily, wow I'm really thankful for that.
5. Mark meeting one of our new neighbors at our Rosales house. I'm getting more excited to move, good thing too because Mark brought over the first truck load of boxes today.
6. my friend Amy who has a daughter born just 11 days after Ben AND they live less than 10 minutes away from our new house! I see many a play-date in our future.
7. Ben doing so well at my parent's house, even though at one point my parents said he walked around looking for me and when he saw a picture of me he started bawling. When I walked in the front door he was sound asleep in my mom's arms and she was rocking him, so precious.
8. finding more and more ladies I know who live in or very close to Mission Viejo.
9. taking a short walk/run today in the small window of opportunity I had. The old me would've said "forget it, you only have 15 minutes, just try and run tomorrow." But the NEW me said "you only have 15 minutes, you may not get to run tomorrow, go and make it count." It felt really really good afterwards because I REALLY didn't want to go, but I DID. Yea me.
10. Ben laughing hysterically today because he knocked over some blocks. I was laughing so hard with him because he was just so dang cute. I wish I had a video camera for times like these.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good job going for that short run today...it is inspiring! We are gonna go that half marathon!

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments