2/14/06

Happy Valentine's Day!

After working on our new house for 8+ hours today, a very dirty and wiped out Mark came through our door with his hand out as if it were holding something.

"Pretend I'm holding a big bouquet of flowers for you. I really wanted to bring you flowers, but I've been sitting in traffic for so long that I thought you'd rather have me here than take more time to stop and get them."

He's so right. I love flowers, and Mark always buys the prettiest ones, but I LOVE spending time with him even more. I'm not discrediting anyone's Valentine acts of love, but for the most part I feel that Valentine's Day is a day where people have to show or remind their special someone something that Mark defines for me everyday. He is my Valentine 365 days a year. And I'll take him being home 15 minutes earlier than a bunch of flowers any day. Besides, roses go on sale tomorrow. :)

Today I am thankful for...
1. God (and my parents) being patient (although shaking their heads) while I dated a number of guys (usually, and conveniently, named Matt) so that when I met Mark it took less than one conversation for me to know he was/is the ONE. My true love. 1 Cor.13:10 coming to fruition. "But when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away."
2. the fun party Ben and I went to to celebrate Sophia Anderson's 2nd birthday.
3. getting to hold Avery for a while and having her fall asleep in my arms.
4. the awesome salad Amanda made for lunch. It was so good I made it tonight for dinner.
5. the men and women at the NBPD who come up to me and say things like, "you know, Mark NEVER comments about other women or even looks at them." Which is an extreme complement given the scantily clad girls that prance about Newport Beach who flirt with every man they see - especially officers.
6. Mark telling me, and meaning it, that I'm his favorite person in the whole world. Which works out great because he's mine.
7. the book my dad gave us before we got married "The Mystery of Marriage" by Mike Masson. Everyone should read it, even if you've been married for 97 years.
8. my dating friends, who are falling in love. It's fun to watch and remember that feeling of excitement and anticipation.
9. Oh this is big!!! My AWESOME sis-in-law Pam started an incredible blog so she could tell the world about her new found love of healthy cooking from scratch. Or as I fondly refer to it as "hippie cooking". We're talking making yogurt and grinding grain here. Check it out and be inspired to try something new ... www.pamelaprince.blogspot.com . Butternut squash pizza dough anyone? (I'm not making fun, this is really great stuff.)
10. hugs, kisses and the like. Especially on days like today where they seem to be in abundance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments