2/06/06


This is a picture of all of Ben's cousins at his birthday party a few weeks ago. Poor kids, we really torture them with all the picture taking we do. Good times...

A notion was put in my head to call my Grandma Prince today. I was feeling a bit lonely and unmotivated (with "the move" looming over me) this morning. Turns out I wasn't the only one feeling lonely and going through closets. She had been sifting through my (late) Grandpa's wardrobe going through some of his things. I called at a good time for the both of us to take a breather and regroup. She was, sadly enough, shocked to hear my voice on the other end of the line, it not being a holiday and all, or anywhere near her birthday plus my dad wasn't even around rallying the troops to talk to his mom. It was so good to talk to her, to tell her about our new house and what Ben and Mark are up to these days. I think we both hung up feeling a bit better about our day, a bit brighter about our future and a bit more loved. I think I'll call her again tomorrow.

Today I am thankful for...
1. my conversation with my Mamaw.
2. the promise of help arriving tomorrow (perhaps by means of a Harley Davidson) in the form of Gma and Papa!!
3. spending time at our new house and planning what all we'd like to do to fix it up. We decided to knock down a wall and push out the family room, so that's the first action to get the "might as well" ball rolling. (Is there a vacancy at the Gregory's?)
4. play time at Leslie's house with Tyler.
5. q-tips
6. feeling like I got a lot done today.
7. the really big backyard we're going to have. (Big by southern California's standards, at least.)
8. talking with Pam for a little while on phone. She was having her special one on one time with Luci - the time after Jesse goes down for a nap and before Luci takes her nap. It's sweet to hear of that mother daughter relationship, even at this young age, how special it can be.
9. having nice night with Mark home with me, being funny while he read from the One Year Bible.
10. going to bed early because Mark is here and it is so much easier to fall asleep when I know he's next to me. God is my Shelter and Protector, and Mark is my carnal form of those.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This picture is awesome! The espression on Ben's face is priceless!

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments