2/07/06

Joe, Joey, Joe Horton, Uncle Joe, or Joe Fitzpatrick (as Darren likes to call him) whatever you want to call him he's here to tell us what he's thankful for today...

1. a beautiful, February, Southern California day, at 90 degrees.
2. that God gave me the strength to run my fourth run today.
3. spending the day with Mark, working on the new house, just like this time 2 years ago.
4. the fact that you guys are moving closer ("you guys" referring to Mark and me)
5. beer
6. the great dinner Tina made, particularly the rice.
7. the ocean, it makes me happy when I run. (Happy when you run? I'm still learning that's even a possibility.)
8. my promotion to dispatch supervisor
9. the unconditional love from my mom.
10. God's grace and His never ending patience for when I screw up (here here, Joe).
11. Sarah's thankful list.
12. Ben, he is my favorite toddler in the whole world.

Thanks Joe, you're Ben's favorite Uncle Joey in the whole world. Here's what I am thankful for today...

1. Ben sleeping in until 8:30 today.
2. Paul and Tina coming down and taking care of Ben ALL day so I could do a million little things that are so hard to get done with the little guy hanging all over me. I ran so many 5 minute errands that would've taken me triple that amount of time just getting Ben in and out of the car seat.
3. Joe helping Mark tear up the bathrooms in the new house.
4. all the hard work Mark put in today at the house, getting there at 6:45am. He has so much drive when he needs to, I'm very thankful for his vision and determination to see it become reality.
5. all the boxes my mom brings to me that she gets from work. As I unloaded them from my van today I pictured her carrying a couple everyday all the way to her car just to bring to me. She's probably given us 30+ boxes. It's so helpful and really appreciated.
6. missing Ben. I hadn't seen him in nearly 5 hours, and then after I saw him for about 15 minutes, Gma and Papa took him out again for about 3 more hours. When he got home I was so excited to see him. I guess I'm thankful that after not being with him most of the day I wasn't thinking "wow, I could really go for only seeing him one hour in the morning and two at night." On the contrary I am very thankful that I do get to spend the majority of my day with him. He's my buddy.
7. the home cooked meal from Tina.
8. finding a great local pizza and sub-sandwich shop less than a mile away from our new house. The food was so good and it beats the fast food chains anyday. (I do hope to acquire my parent's love and knack for finding "whole in the wall" restaurants that quickly become family favorites.)
9. being able to order Ben's diapers online. Just as cheap as Costco and no shipping. It's a beautiful thing to open my door and find a huge box of Pampers just sitting there.
10. Joe going to meet Paul halfway to bring him some important belongings he left here. That is a prime example of what a good friend Joe is. Mark has so much work to do tonight so Joe said he'd take the bag for him. Thank you Joey!

Comments

Amy Abbott said…
I wish I could have been there to help. I love you guys.

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Me

In a Nut Shell...

Comments