12/06/05

(Note: My parents celebrated their 35th anniversary, not their 36th. Oops. Well, at least I remembered.) :)

I think that I'm becoming a big fan of "quest speakers". So today the lovely and talented Nonny Kuebler, Mark's grandma (Ben's GREAT grandma) will share the 10 things she's thankful for. This will be good because she's been laughing for the last 30 minutes in anticipation of this opportunity. Ok, here we go...and I quote..

I am thankful for...
1. Tina bringing us (me and Howie) to Huntington Beach every Tuesday to visit baby Benjamin. (NOW she wants to add Mark and Sarah. A good 15 minutes later.)
2. (Still laughing) being blessed that I can laugh and laugh and laugh.
3. VERY thankful that I sleep well at night and wake up refreshed.
4. for my lovely home of 45 years
5. that Howie does his gardening and keeps it neat.
6. Four beautiful great-grandchildren
7. for the sense of security I recieve from Howie, he's kind and thoughtful
8. that I, let's see, was taught about Jesus and introduced to him at an early age
9. for the children we have, my little Amy, Freddy and Ricky, OH! I meant Tina! Please don't put that!! I meant Tina, and my grandchildren too.
10. Oh geeze, one more? that Howie and I are able to enjoy our life today, being 80+. It's true.

That was a lot of fun. Too bad I don't type fast enough to catch all the peanut gallery comments from Tina, she had us laughing pretty hard. (Referance #9.)

Here's what I'm thankful for today...
1. Being loved into a family that loves to laugh, loves each other and loves me.
2. Tina bringing herself, Nonny and Howie to my house every Tuesday.
3. that Tina and Nonny took Ben out for the day and I was able to get some stuff done at the house.
4. Ben's funny hair, especially when it get's done with gel.
5. Howie, for making my garden so beautiful.
6. Mark, for planting two trees in the front for me
7. the great deal I got at Jo-Ann's on little Christmas gifts. (It's always nice when you get to the cash register and the total is 20 bucks less than what you thought it was going to be.) :)
8. my brother's wisdom and for teaching me how to love everyone the way Christ would.
9. Joey Horton, for the amazing dinner he made for us last night. ("Us" meaning, me, Mark, Carrie, Darren, Gavin, Jesse and Joe himself.) and for making enough pasta sauce for me to freeze. :)
10. being able to meet an imediate need for a person who needed some help.

Comments

Amy Abbott said…
It is obvious who is the favorite!
Darren Prince said…
hey, which brother's wisdom are you talking about? : )

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me