12/15/05

I lost my glasses on October 30th. I remember the date because we were at the church harvest festival which was the day before halloween. I remember putting my glasses in the tray on the stroller. That's the last time I saw them. A good month and a half later I finally went to the lost and found at church to see if by chance one of the thousand people there saw them, picked them up and turned them in, that's kind of a lot to ask. I looked through one bag and three boxes of glasses. (It's a really big church, so there are bound to be a lot of forgetful people attending). They weren't there. I looked throught the bag again, not there. I looked through the first box, then the second box, still not there. I looked through the third and final box, took every last eye piece out and in the very back of the very bottom THEY WERE THERE!! "Praise the Lord!" I said out loud. I was so happy, I still am smiling about it! I drove home with my entire vision intact. All the people who drive in Orange County should be adding me finding my glasses to THEIR thankful lists tonight!!

Today I am thankful for...

1. the person who saw my glasses and turned them into lost & found.
2. knowing that if I am able to get this excited about finding a lost item, how much more excited is our Father when He finds his children! (Not that we're lost to Him, but you know what I mean.)
3. meeting up with some girls from MOPS for a morning at the park with our kids.
4. the thoughtful gift Kelly gave me. (My first Christmas present!) It is one of those "I HAD to get this for you because when I saw it I thought of you and knew you had to have it and I couldn't pass it up" type of gifts... which are the best kind, so it really means a lot to me.
5. my sis-in-law Carrie, I know I say that frequently, but I'm just frequently thankful for her. She is probably my closest friend. We joke that if we had known each other in high school we would've been friends. I am very blessed by her.
6. Mark's excitement to see Ben today, even for only a few minutes before he left for work.
7. Ben being patient and having a (relatively) good time today while we ran a bunch of errands.
*Note: I was deprived of my Great Tuesday Loves that come to take care of Ben so I can run all my errands without worry of his patients or having a good time. Tina, Nonny, Howie: YOU WERE MISSED!!
8. the daily Bible verses on Air1.com
9. just having a quiet night at home to clean and get things done. I'd much rather have Mark here, but since he cannot be, I'll enjoy this time to gear up for another day.
10. Song, the lady at our dry-cleaners. You know how most cleaners are Buddhist and when you walk into the store you see a little cat waving or a Buddha statue? Well, when I walk into "Happy Day Cleaners" I hear Christian music playing, see a cross and a fish symbol. I love going there and I drive past a handful of other cleaners to go to that one. She always askes about Ben and I'm pretty sure she's counting down the days until she can give him a sucker. Plus, she gave me a Christmas present today! I just love that lady!

Comments

Dan said…
I love you Sarah! dad

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me