12/08/05

Hello my sweet friends and family! As promised I have for you the site for Marie's thankful list. You can check out her post at www.mariecav.blogspot.com. Also, my cousin's address is not what I wrote yesterday, to check out her thankful list and other thoughts (today she has a great recipe for beef stew!) go to www.aallen615.blogspot.com. I love that this is catching on, but I love even more that people are making it their own with their special touches and additions. Yesterday Keri Lyon was thankful for 11 things! That's my kind of rule breaking. :)
I want to say that it's really fun hearing back from you who are reading this. I'm glad you enjoy it and I hope it's a little brightness in a dark world.

I feel kind of heavy hearted today as I wrapped up this MOPS session and found out that a few girls at my table have a shady or no relationship with Jesus. My first thought was, "how have I talked with these girls for 3 months and not known this?" Then I though, "ok, the pressure is on now, I better bring out my A game and step things up a notch." I prayed silently as I listened to them explain where they're at. Coming from different religious back grounds it's hard for them to see which truth is THE truth. As I prayed I was comforted by a gentle reminder: it is nothing I will say that will save these women, but only the words from the Holy Spirit. Luke 12:12 says, "for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say." How do you define Truth to someone who has heard a different truth their whole life? Thankfully, God answered my prayers by not having me say anything at all. Amanda Anderson, who encompasses so many qualities of a Godly woman, shared from her heart and, I believe, spoke the real Truth. I was able to share a few things as well, and others at my table, particularly Kelly Hanson, eagerly shared the joy of Christ with these women. I left feeling a sense of excitement, they are searching and they feel welcomed at a church and in a small group filled with women who love the Lord. My prayer for them, as well as myself, is that Christ will constantly and blatantly be revealing Himself to all of us this Chritsmas season. As Amanda and Kelly spoke with such certainty, and I agree with them, if you seek the truth and you open your heart to receive it, God will ALWAYS show Himself to you, He will show you that He is the Truth. John 14:6 says, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Amen!


Today I am thankful for...

1. an opportunity to be stretched and (hopefully) used by Christ
2. the Holy Spirit, who takes the pressure off of "saving people" by using his own words to stir others.
3. the perfect balance of women at my MOPS table, weak and strong, quiet and loud.
4. questions from nonbelievers that make me think and confirm what and why I believe
5. the lady at Target in line behind us to check out, for entertaining Ben during the wait.
6. the excited look and reply I got after I said "Merry Christmas" instead of "happy hoidays".
7. Jan Jack, for speaking wisdom today and encouraging me to dare to speak the truth.
8. my mom because I know she really cares about Ben's health and wants him to get better, she really is the best (not a real) nurse I know.
9. the women at my table who were honest about their quest for truth, that had to be hard.
10. Christ's promise to never leave us, ever.

Comments

Keri said…
At some point in the last year my memory of the Sarah Prince I knew has vanished...not just a younger, sweet gal who I love but don't really know into a WOW, what a woman this Sarah Fitzpatrick has become. I am so encouraged, so inspired and challenged by what you write,as a mother, woman, wife and child of God. Thanks Sarah - Keri
Amy Abbott said…
Once again, very inspiring! The Holy Spirit had surely blessed you with the spiritual gift of wisdom.

Amy A.

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me