12/14/05

About this time, one year ago, Mark and I were laying on the couch watching a movie. When the movie was over I starting crying, not becuase it was a sad, but because I was 81/2 months pregnant and it was just starting to hit me that my life was about to change in a BIG way. I sobbed to Mark, "It's never going to be the same between us. It'll never be just the two of us ever again, everything will be different!" Sniff sniff.

And things did change between us. But not in a bad way, not at all. Having a baby allowed me to love Mark in a whole new role, fatherhood. We're closer, much closer because we went through the birth of our son together. We're more in love because when we had a baby we learned of a new level of love, a deeper one.

We watched a movie together last night, as we have many times in the last year. When it was over I crawled into Mark's lap, laughed and reminded him of the time I thought we'd never be the same again. I'm so glad we're not the same as a year ago. If we were, we wouldn't be as close, have as deep a love, or be steps away from our soundly sleeping - almost one year old - gorgeous baby boy.

That's what I'm thinking about these days.

Today I am thankful for...

1. Jason, Carrie, Gavin and Ezekiel coming over for breakfast this morning.
2. seat warmers in my car. It's really nice to fire up the buns on a cold, California morning when the thermostat falls to teeth chattering 67degrees. Can you say brrrrrrrrrrr!
3. Mark spending a lot of time with Ben on his days off. I love it, Ben loves it and Mark loves it.
4. Ben not showing any signs of being allergic to cows milk or eggs which we've started giving him this week.
5. knowing the Giver of all good gifts personally.
6. funny emails my family keeps sending to each other about what to get Mark for Christmas. Yes, this is at Mark's expense, but if anyone can handle the sarcasm, it's him. (I think we've settled on TWO houses in Newport Beach, a yacht, a laptop - scratch that - an entire computer company, and a 2006 BMW motorcycle. Only the best for my honey.)
7. the lineage of Jesus because it includes some pretty racy people. i.e. King David, Rahab the harlot and other great heroes of the faith that were totally human and full of mistakes, like me. (Not the hero part, the full of mistakes part.)
8. Amanda's phone call tonight, she is just so sweet! It warms my heart.
9. Carrie and Jason getting to go out to dinner for their 5th wedding anniversary!
10. chocolate covered cherries, which were on sale AND buy 1 get 1 free at Rite Aid yesterday. :)

Comments

Amy said…
Well....I know you can send one box of those cherries over my way...b/c my box is almost empty! HAHA! (they have to be Queen Anne Cherries....none other though!), Arent' they good! I love ya!
Amy

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me