12/19/05



"He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; he offers strength to the weak." Isaiah 40:29

(I'm so thankful for the gorgeous blue eyes Ben got from Mark. NOT so thankful for the outrageous cowlicks he got from Mark as well.)

I read this verse this morning on the Air1.com website, which is my homepage. I loved it and read it frequently throughout the day. Perhaps this was one of Isaiah's prophesies telling of our Savior being born. He saw that the King's birth would eventually lead to a tiring and wearing spectacle of crazy people becoming weak from decorating, baking, shopping, visiting etc. Perhaps God inspired the great prophet to remind us that although we are a people who tend to get worn out and tired, God has promised to give us power and strength. What a comforting thought and image...

I imagine myself running errands, arms full of stuff, barely making it into the door before all the packages spill to the floor. My arms collapse, my head hangs and I let out a huge moan of frustration, only to look up and see Ben's nativity scene scattered about the floor from an early morning playtime. I drop to my knees to pick up the fallen figures; a few wise men, a shepherd and some sheep. Under the couch is a cow and Joseph. Stuck between the cushions is Mary and the manger. I look around for the baby Jesus and find him on top of a toy car. As I put all the figures in their rightful positions and lay baby Jesus in his manger I find myself not thinking about the busy lines, crazy traffic, or packages on the floor. I find myself, kneeling before Jesus, my King, my Savior. And I feel peace joy and strength and power; Isaiah 40:29 fufilled.

Today I am thankful for...

1. a wonderful visit with Mark's uncle Kieran, aunt Kaye, and their sweet little girls Emily and Meghan.

2. getting to talk with Kaye and get know her better. She is such a sweet woman, I wish she livd closer than San Diego!

3. the championship Settlers of Catan game between Mark and me. Oh, um, he won.

4. a really nice salad with dinner. (Dinner was mac'n'cheese.)

5. Macaroni & Cheese, a staple since my youth.

6. my flowers growing out front.

7. strength and power from an overflowing source.

8. my computer.

9. my dishwasher.

10. watching Ben's own personality coming out more everyday.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sarah, you ARE a writer. I really did have tears after reading your story of picking up the nativity scene; wonderful! poignant! real.
dad

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me