12/16/05

Happy Anniversary Jason and Carrie!! 5 years ago today... that is so wonderful!! Congrats you two!

I love Friday's because Mark doesn't leave for work until 5pm. That's only one hour and fifteen mintutes before Ben goes to bed. Fridays are great because Mark isn't too tired from working several nights in a row and he plays with Ben all day. Then when he leaves for work, I give Ben dinner, a bath, some milk and he's down for the count. 6:15 on a Friday night and I'm in my pj's drinking some tea. Friday's are good. I hope all of you have had a wonderful Friday as well.

Today I am thankful for...

1. the really good music my mom listened to when we were in the car growing up. Now whenever I hear one of those songs, I think of the velvety feeling of the seats in the Volvo driving to Yorba Linda to take/pick up Darren from Saxophone lessons. Good times.
2. chatting with my sis-in-law Amy today on the phone. I love that she makes time for me, says it's never too late to call and ALWAYS tries to anwer the phone even when her arms are full of groceries and her cell is in a new pocket in a new purse. I wished we lived down the street from each other, I think we'd really have a lot of fun. She is my sister indeed.
3. a nice walk with Ben and all the friendly people who waved to him as they passed by.
4. forgivenss from my neighbor because I said some really stupid things a few weeks ago without thinking and the words have been haunting me ever since. She didn't even remember what I was talking about, and was very gracious with me when she did. I think James was talking about me when he wrote "no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison." (James3:8) It is a disipline I will forever be working on, I believe.
5. red nail polish. (O.P.I.'s "I'm not really a waitress", thank's Amy!)
6. cute pictures of JT and Kelly Hanson baking cookies at 6am this morning. Got to love those early risers! (I'm talking about 2 year old JT here, who woke up super early this morning.)
7. Stories Behind The Best-Loved Songs of Christmas, by Ace Collins. A book that tells the history of all the Christmas carols. I think Tina gave it to me. I love reading it! Did you know that "O Holy Night" was once banned from church for nearly 2 decades!? Read the book and find out why. :)
8. not caring that I never believed in Santa and knowing that I still had a fun and imaginative Christmas without him. He was never taboo or anything, just never a big deal.
9. Christmas cards with pictures in them. I LOVE THEM!
10. peace. All the time, in every circumstance, it's mine to claim and I love that. (John 14:27. A verse that my mom used to recite to me all the time when I was scared at night as a little girl. It is a very special verse to me and I'm very thankful that it was taught to me by my mom. Thanks mom.) :)
11. still thankful that I found my glasses, just had to add that again today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me