12/22/05


Today I am thankful for...

1. finishing my Christmas shopping, and with 2 days to spare!

2. a visit from my dear friend Joanna who is in town with her husband for Christmas. She brought me a peppermint mocha from Starbucks, was more than happy to stay at my house so Ben could nap and left her husband at Starbucks for 2 hours while we chatted! She also gave me earrings, that SHE MADE, for Christmas. I wish she lived closer because we always have such a good time together.

3. the many prospects Mark has right now in real estate and that he is excited to work for/with these clients.

4. receiving a big box of presents today in the mail!! Ok, they aren't all for me, in fact, none of them are, but it was still fun. (They're from Darren and Pam and for their secret-santa's, so I guess one could be for me? :) The rest are for the little kids and my parents. Still fun though. Reminded me of the huge box we'd get every year from Aunt Barbara at Christmas time.)

5. walking around Fashion Island with Joanna and Matt and having them entertain Ben while I shopped.

6. my love of people.

7. my dad wanting to stop by today with a business friend and show off Ben to him because they were in the area. Alas, Ben was sleeping and I, apparently, am not worthy of showing off. Just kidding, Joanna was over so my dad didn't want to interrupt... so he says! :)

8. peace in knowing that God's timing is always best and he REALLY knows our needs. Psalm 31:14-15 " But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, "You are my God." My times are in your hands..."***

9. the fleece blanket Kari Macer made for us three years ago. It's my favorite couch blanket!

10. the reindeer stuffed animal who has a nose that lights up when you squeeze his belly. It was mine from when I was a kid, and now Ben gets the biggest kick out of it.

***(Incase you're reading this and you're thinking to yourself, "she must be talking about getting pregnant again" nooooo, you're very wrong. I'm talking about how Mark has 16 days off of his police work and it's perfect timing because he has a lot of real estate clients right now and needs to have a lot of time to spend with them. Thus, the perfect timing. And just because Ben is turning one doesn't mean we need to start getting bombarded with the obvious question of "when are you going to have another one?" a sweet question, no doubt, but you'll know when you know, which will probably be around the same time WE know. I say this all in love, my friends.)

Comments

Amy said…
Wow...very blunt with "don't ask about another one uh?!" It's not just you dear, everyone who's had one child is asked that question, they came the time mine was four months old!...and still getting them! like you say...it's all in God's timing! :) People are just naturally curious! :0) Much love to you! - Amy (cousin)

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me