12/30/05

Today Mark, Benjamin and I are at Mark's parent's house in Simi Valley. My very special guest speaker today, my father-in-law, Lt. Paul Fitzpatrick. He's my favorite father-in-law in the whole world! Here are the 10 things he's thankful for today... and remember, I quote...

1. Tina!!!! She's the first thing I'm thankful for, she's the girl of my dreams, my best friend, best buddy, best pal, forever and ever amen.
2. number 2? There is nothing else, she's given me everything I'm thankful for.
(Mark interupts and says "what about Ben? You're not thankful for him being here today?" To this Paul replies, "He wouldn't be here if I didn't have Tina who gave me you, who met Sarah and gave us Ben. So I'm only greatful for Tina." After some prodding...) Fine, clean socks.
3. the little guy, Ben, he's swell. He needs a hair cut.
4. Howie, he's a great pool player. And Nonny, I'm glad I have a good relationship with my in-laws.
(now I'm being ignored)

Ok, folks, there you have it. The 4 things Paul is thankful for today. He says he's thankful for more things but isn't telling them to me anymore. No prob, I'm good with four, Paul.

Today I'm thankful for...
1. getting to see the house we might be able to buy, if they accept our offer. (which we haven't made yet.)
2. a safe drive to Simi Valley, long, but safe.
3. getting a pedicure and manicure courtesy of Paul and Tina.
4. having a great dinner.
5. being able to lay around knowing someone else is watching Ben.
6. Paul's stories, especially his old police stories.
7. Ben walking all around and getting so excited about it.
8. the mug of Moose Tracks ice cream I had tonight.
9. unlike in the movie "Monster-In-Law", Tina has never tried to poison me.
10. having a fire in the fireplace here. It's very pretty. (FYI, the house we might get to buy has a fireplace. :) )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me