Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! 12/05/05

Today's thankful list is dedicated to my mom and dad who are celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary today. Before I go on about that, I'd like to welcome my dear friend Keri Lyon to the blogging world. She has started her own thankful list which you can view at: www.ksuelyon.blogspot.com . She has known me my entire life and has always been a faithful friend even though we live across the country from each other. Be sure to add her blog to your list. I think we're staring a "Thankfulness Revolution" here, folks. All right, so who's next?

In honor of my parents special day my 10 things will revolve around their marriage and what it means to me. I am thankful for...

1. the legacy they've continued by staying married through thick and thin.
2. how they raised me in a home where both loved and honored the Lord
3. the bike rides they went on and how much fun it looked to be doing something like that with a spouse.
4. the involvment in our lives as kids that they showed as a team. Together they would attend every soccer game, piano recital (though there weren't many), band competitions, plays and baseball games.
5. creating traditions together that I will pass along to my kids. (Chocolate and biscuits anyone?)
6. they're love for their grandkids.
7. the vacations we took every summer and the Bible verses we would memorize on the way.
8. being approachable
9. their love for Mark
10. the example of love they are able to show

I really love those two crazy kids who tied the knot oh so many years ago. Here's to another 36 years!! Love you mom and dad!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me