12/11/05

Before ya'll get on me for not having a thankful list on the 10th, I do, it's after the story which I wrote on the 9th and updated with my thankful list on the 10th. Also, thank you so much for all the sweet comments about the story. (Although... the rule was broken a few times about not saying "good story" but your intentions were good, and I appreciate it anyway. :) ) I haven't seen David since that day. It's strange because I saw him almost everyday for two weeks leading up to last Tuesday. Perhaps he's moved onto one of your cities?

I mentioned one of the ways my brother gets to know and spend time with the homeless in Golden Gate Park. Another valuable way he and his family, and a few other families from his church, serve and spend time with the needy is by preparing dinner for 100+ of them every Wednesday night at their church. This weekly tradition is a great time for Darren and his team to reach out, be available to and serve the homeless in their community. They are able to feed everyone for less than $2 a person, so about $150 - $200 a week. After dinner they have a Bible study, one of the homeless guys titled the study "Second Helping". In light of the story I told I want to give you a way that you can financially "make eye contact". (Is this one of those weird moments? Like in church when the pastor talks about tithing? Or the missionaries from who knows where show a slide show and ask for support?) You can support those Wednesday night dinners specifically by donating a few bucks . Go to https://secure.crmnet.org/jfs/secure/donationForm.taf to donate directly to a fund that supports the dinners. Or go to www.darrenprince.com and click on the "donate online" link. This money doesn't go to Darren and Pam's account. These sites lead to a form that will give the money straight to the Wednesday Night Dinner fund. So, feel free to help Darren put food on the table, literally, by taking a second look at these sites. :) Thank you for your time. Now, on with the thankful list!!

Today I am thankful for...

1. Ben feeling a lot better.
2. running into Brent, Kelly and JT at church. Always a smiley face on those three. :)
3. Ben taking a lot of steps today, he's so cute!
4. 6:30 bed time for Ben.(or, as my mom would put it " the crack of sun-set")
5. Tina being sad that she won't see Ben on Tuesday, even though she'll see him on Saturday. :)
6. people who give gifts to people who don't expect them.
7. Mark having the next three days off from his night job.
8. the hundreds of big and small balls and frizbees out on the lawn at church for everyone to play with.
9. the nice man in the Trader Joe's parking lot who was very patient with me while I tried to squeeze my van into a tiny spot. (I eventually gave up, I couldn't handle the pressure!!)
10. a nice evening home with my favorite person in the whole world!! (Do I even need to clarify? Mark!!!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me