1/09/06

Hello Everyone,

This is Mark typing because Sarah is very tired and is resting. I am her guest for the Thankful List today. Since I am usually a man of too many words I will get right to it:

1. For Todd getting me the full Adobe Acrobat software. This is expensive stuff and has proven to be invaluable to my business. I can't imagine what I would do without it.

2. For finally having the same day off as my partner in the traffic division. We were able to have dinner together with our wives last night. We usually have to work opposite schedules.

3. For Gary Watts who always gives the best real estate predictions. I hope he is right about 2006. (Says Orange County will see another 15% increase in property values in 2006).

4. For my good health. And my family's good health. What a blessing. Its better than being a sick billionaire. In other words, I'd trade a billion bucks for my good health. Thanks be to God.

5. For my dad coaching me when I was little. He worked so hard at multiple jobs but still coached my teams. That was great. I hope to do the same for Ben someday.

6. For God blessing my real estate business lately. I can't wait to disperse the money when it arrives!

7. For the opportunity to work on another cruddy house and make it awesome (all in just two weeks).

8. For Joe, whose sauce we used on our pasta tonight. He is a great pal.

9. For deciding to leave the Naval Academy 8 years ago. And for being turned down by LAPD 6.5 years ago. These were two dismaying times, but I'm glad they happened. I wouldn't be where I am today . . .

10. For Sarah and Ben. I am so thankful for them.

11. For God's timing and because he is in control.

12. For my mom who made chocolate shakes for me and my teen aged friends at 1:00 in the morning when I was in high school. That was fun.

13. For my fingers.

14. For my brain.

15. For my finger nails.

(Think about numbers 13-15. I mean, really think about them. How could one think that there is no God?)

16. For a frosty mug of a good ale.



Okay, now I'll type for a tired Sarah:

1. That Mark is typing for me.
2. That I see in color.
3. The receptionist at my Dr's office, Carol.
4. For getting to talk to Lucy on the phone tonight and hearing her say, "Hi!" really loudly.
5. For getting to have lunch with Carey and the boys.
6. For my sense of humor.
7. For Mark reading the Bible out loud to me and using different voices for the Character (Abraham, God, Isaac, etc).
8. Being able to talk to Darren on the phone. I feel like I haven't talked with him in a long time.
9. For granite counter tops. ( I will miss them.)
10. For comfy clothes.


Well, that sums it up, I guess. I hope you all enjoyed the curve ball today. --MF--

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Mark and Sarah! What a great husband. We enjoyed the combo blog. I usually don't read it to Nick, but it was a special occasion. Nick says he's thankful for Markie-poo,Sarah-poo,Benny-poo, and Mark's mom making sandwiches in high school. I am thankful for our great friends, and for Mark picking Sarah. Love you guys, Lisa & Nick-poo

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me