1/11/05

















Ben and Joe then... - and - Ben and Joe NOW!!

Is that the same baby? I'm so thankful that Ben will grow up with friends that have known him since birth, and Joe is one of those exceptionally great friends we are thankful to have; for us and for Ben.

Today I am thankful for ...

1. the apparent return of the morning nap. I thought I had seen the last of it, but Ben has taken one every morning this week, so maybe he's back to two after all.
2. our neighbors using Mark to list their house. (Anyone looking for a 4 bedroom in Huntiongton Beach???)
3. lunch with Marie and watching her sweet dreams for her future unfold. I'm thankful to be a witness to it all.
4. the beach. It's just magnificently beautiful, everyday, without fail.
5. the sweet little 14 month old girl, Alex, that Ben and I met at the beach. Ben marched right up to her and gave her a kiss, maybe she's his soul mate. :)
6. NOT getting a parking ticket when my meter had expired before I made it back to my car.
(No, Mark can't "just write those off." I know that's what you were thinking!)
7. getting to see Mark for a bit before he returned to his night job after a wonderful 16 day break.
8. having everlasting life and knowing Who it comes from.
9. playing with Ben tonight and laughing really hard with/at him.
10. yogurt.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am thankful for Sarah's thankful list and Sarah in general as an amazingly Godly and loving woman. It is a blessing for me to read and helps keep me grounded in this world of excess we all live in. I am especially thankful for the time I was able to spend with Mark, Sarah and Ben last night...and I am extra especially greatful for Ben crawling up on my lap on his own and hanging out with me just cuz he wanted to after his snooze!

I guess that is sort of my short version of a "guest speaker" list since I have not yet made my own.
Amy Abbott said…
Yes, Todd and I would like to buy the house and live close to you guys! Hello, God! Are you listening? :)
Anonymous said…
as a young christian, the most inspiring book to me was "Power in Praise" by Merlin Caruthers. If you get a chance, I highly recommend reading it...it will change your life!

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me