1/20/06

Today I am thankful for...
1. two new (to me) books I'm anxious to read.
2. hanging out with Mark a lot today, he makes me happy.
3. going out to lunch with Mark and Ben.
4. being able to rest this afternoon while Ben rested too. I don’t think either of us fell asleep, but it was relatively quiet for a solid hour. Sometimes a rest is just as good as a nap.
5. avoiding a HUGE traffic jam on the 5 freeway by taking the 55 instead while going to my parent’s house. (It was a last minute decision to take the 55, after I made that choice I heard on the radio that the 5 north had all lanes blocked off due to a felony car stop. I would’ve been stopped dead on the freeway for an incredibly long time. Having Ben with me, I couldn’t help but shout “Praise the Lord!” as I learned of the catastrophe that was avoided.)
6. the awesome dinner my dad treated Ben and me to at Chili’s.
7. the years I spent waitressing, it taught me invaluable lessons in customer service and in serving others in general. We had an excellent server tonight, and I’m thankful for her good attitude and fun nature.
8. what a GREAT mood Ben was in, all day really, but especially tonight. He had my dad and me cracking up with his funny expressions and fake laugh. He put on quite a show and was still going strong at 8:30, a good 2 hours past his normal bedtime. This normally spells "meltdown disaster", but he was having a ball. I think he fell asleep with a smile on his face, which means I will too.
9.quiet times.
10. seeing God’s hand in forming my friendships with other moms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a Nut Shell...

Comments

Crafty Me